Friday, April 26, 2013

Exciting changes coming

It has been a fun month. I pulled out the pastels and have been exploring people portraits and other subjects. I attended an event about art as a business, and joined the Mid American Pastel Society (fabulous bunch of artists, including this year's grand prize winner of the national Pastel 100 contest). It is clear that my art business is evolving. "Pet Portraits by Linda Davis" no longer encompasses what I do.

So, today I took the leap and started the process of rebranding, which will include a transfer of my domain to a webhost for professional artists. I will still offer pet (and people) portraits by commission and for sale, but I look forward to spreading my wings as an artist and reaching new goals, like becoming a signature member of the pastel society and entering juried art competitions and exhibitions. Teaching workshops is another goal I have added to my list. I have been watching the careers of some artist that I admire, like Kimberly Santini and Carol Marine, and see them as role models of what I want to accomplish.

It will take a while to get my new website up and running. Until then I will maintain this blog, and ask that you send orders directly to me by email at linda.evans.davis@gmail.com. I will also maintain my facebook page even after my new site is up so that those who are particularly interested in my pet related work can follow me there.

Stay tuned for updates and exciting things to come. Thanks so much for your continued support. It means the world to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment